Oral hygiene maintenance is essential for healthy gums and teeth. A good oral routine includes daily brushing and flossing. In addition, one must visit their dentist regularly, at least once in six months. Preventative dentistry is a branch that can help in maintaining good oral hygiene and a beautiful smile. If you are searching for the best delta services in New York, then Dr. Steven Kaplan New York can be your option.
Research conducted by a leading dental health journal states that gingivitis and periodontitis can contribute to certain health-related conditions such as:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Pregnancy complications
Some of the health conditions that can negatively impact your gums and teeth are as follows:
- Alzheimer’s disease
Are there any specific signs and symptoms of poor oral hygiene?
The most common symptoms that can warning signs for poor oral hygiene are as follows:
- Swelling in the jaws
- Sores in the mouth
- Gum recession
- Exfoliated teeth
- Halitosis or bad breath
- Decay of tooth
- Bleeding of gums
How can I maintain good oral hygiene?
If you want to maintain good oral hygiene, some tips are mentioned below.
- One should brush their teeth twice daily with fluoridated toothpaste.
- Flossing daily is another oral hygiene tip that one should follow.
- Tongue cleaning using tongue scrapers ensures good oral hygiene is maintained.
- One should regularly visit their dentists.
- Avoid smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol to maintain good oral hygiene.
- One should invest in a good quality antibacterial mouthwash and rinse the mouth daily with it.
Why is oral hygiene important?
Oral hygiene is included in the preventative dentistry branch. Proper oral hygiene maintenance can prevent gum diseases, cavities, bad breath and tooth decay. In addition, it can also help maintain an individual’s overall health as bad oral health may contribute to impaired renal function and cardiovascular diseases.
Advantages of oral hygiene
Some of the advantages of maintaining a good oral hygiene are as follows:
- It can help maintain healthy gums and teeth.
- It can offer a beautiful smile to an individual.
- One can prevent bad breath by maintaining proper oral health.
- A reduction in the requirement of dental treatments such as dentures, implants, bridges, fillings and crowns.
- A lower risk of diabetes and other cardiovascular conditions.
- There is less risk of oral cancer and related conditions development.
- To maintain good oral health, one should practice the tips mentioned above. There are a variety of clinics in New York that can provide quality dental care. So next time you suffer from a dental problem, never ignore it and visit a professional for advice.